Buying the bags is one thing, but it is a whole other ball game remembering to use them time after time, week after week, each time you set foot inside a shop to buy something, anything!
The first few weeks are easy, but as time goes on and life gets busy, forgetting once or twice becomes a case of “whatever happened to those bags?”
But like anything, it is just a case of becoming more aware and then creating a new habit and making it routine – not just for your regular shop but for all the things you buy in between.
Here are my tips for remembering to use your shopping bags:
- If you drive to the shops – give them a home in your car so that they are always on hand when you need them. Keep them in your boot and then leave a spare in your centre console or door pocket
- If you walk/uber/get a lift to the shops – hang your bags next to the front door
- Have a few spares – keep one in your bag, in your drawer at work, in your partners car, in your gym bag…
- When ever you unpack your shopping, return your bags to their home immediately!
- Add them to your shopping list
Feel free to share your own tips! 🙂